June 27, 2008

Getting Settled:

We have been here for almost a week now and we're still unpacking. It's never ending. Don't know what we would have done without our family and friends to help us. Moving day was an adventure.

P. Bride and her man, my brother and his buddy all came to Philly last Friday night so that we could be up early to pack up the truck. We got Dunks for breakfast and started about 7:30ish. It was so hot and humid even for 8am. I felt so bad for the guys - but they toughed it out.

Here is my brother and his friend - they drove to Philly in Krystal's car and yes the license plate says Glmrous!!


P. Bride was nice enough to ride back to Boston with me. I figured I would need a hand with David and Shaun and I was right. Poor David got sick three times in the car ride home. It was so much fun. I attribute it to the heat and anxiety from the move.

So over-tried he fell asleep right on the couch:




We got to Boston at about 7:30 and MIL and SIL were waiting for us with food! We got the truck unloaded by 11pm. On Sunday we had more company. Brian came with the boys which was a great distraction for David. He and Brady had so much fun playing together while we kept on unpacking. My mom, sister, Pattie and Jodi also came by to help. My mom even stayed over to help me as the Doc had to go back to Philly for the closing on our house.

We are slowly making this house our home and are so grateful to have the best friends and family around! Thanks for all the help everyone we couldn't have done it without you all!!!

1 comment:

Princess B said...

Good to have you back, and glad we could help!