July 29, 2009

Hazy, Hot & Humid

After the rocky start the summer had with a cold and rainy June, I really don't want to complain about the weather so far this week. It's nice to be finally seeing some summer weather, however I can really do without the hazy and humid part. Monday without my car, I decided to take the boys for a walk to the small play area at the end of the street. UGH! We stayed out for a half hour and then enjoyed the nice cool central air for the remainder of the day. Yesterday, we headed to NH and brought the new sprinkler that David received as a gift at his birthday party. We can't use it here since we do not have yard (or a hose hook up for that matter).

When we arrived to my parents house I found my Dad in the driveway with all his tools out and his circular saw. For the boys birthday my parents decided to build a sandbox in the yard for them to play with. He had the base together and by mid-afternoon it was finished and ready to be filled with sand. It came out great and the kids loved it!

The frame for the sandbox


Ready for the sand!


Ready to play!


Having fun!


Shaun climbing out of the sandbox


The sprinkler is really neat. We actually got the same one for David's friend and all he wanted to do when we bought it was open it to play with. We had to explain to him that it wasn't for him. You can imagine how excited he was to get one of his very own at his birthday! It comes with four plastic balls that shoot out the top when placed in the yellow spiral.



Showing me how it works!


This is the BEST!


Shaun thinking he might want to try it out...he wasn't a huge fan!

No comments: