March 5, 2007

A Funny Thing Happened While Cooking Dinner...


Since David joined our happy family on August 9th I have become really good at multitasking. Not that I was bad before, I mean I could always chew gum and walk at the same time. I have just mastered the art if you know what I mean!

So Friday night I decided that I would feed David while trying to make dinner. I was already prepped so all I had to do was stir and add some finishing touches. I poured the Garden Veggies and Applesauce into his bowl and gave him a few bites. Put the bowl down all the way in the back of the tray and turned around to stir my sauce and mix in the pasta.

I turn around and the bowl is GONE! I look down into the highchair and said "Oh David!" Of course I startled him but I was just so shocked...it was literally two seconds. I turned away for TWO SECONDS!!! I yelled to the Doc and he came into the kitchen and we couldn't help but laugh. David just looked up at us and smiled - of course he had know idea that he just made a HUGE MESS everywhere! It never occurred to me to take a picture as I was just trying get dinner ready but it was Garden Veggies EVERYWHERE!

The moral to this story is: Never look away from a hungry baby who likes to play with his food instead of eat it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I could have told you that. Nice one david.....

Anonymous said...

hahahah...thanks for the tip!!! i'm sure i'll need it! All you can do is laugh tho!