November 18, 2007

A Weekend of Firsts

Last weekend we all went to D.C. for our very first college football game. I hadn't been to a game before - BU canned their football team the year after the Doc started. We went to see Colgate (Ben's alma mater) play Georgetown. I was pretty excited to see my first college football game because I love football. I envisioned a large stadium, lots of people in school colors out to show their school spirit, and a huge marching band.

The whole ride to Georgetown the Doc kept telling me that they were I-AA teams. I couldn't figure out why he was saying that over and over and then we arrived at the "stadium". I saw some people on what resembled a soccer field with cheap bleachers and some goal posts. I looked at the Doc and said "Is that it?" The Doc said (in a duh sort of tone) "It's I-AA...that's what I kept telling you". So I was expecting to be at a USC game or something...whatever.


Needless to say it was still fun (besides the cold $3 hot dogs) and the best part was that Colgate won! David had fun and cheered when they scored a touchdown.


That night we went to our first Korean restaurant. It was really good. It's an all you can eat buffet and the meat is cooked right at your table on a small grill. I even tried my very first piece of sushi! Ben told me that if I wanted to try it - this would be the perfect opportunity since it was part of the buffet price. It was surprisingly not fishy and it was definitely not as scary as I made it out to be. I actually stared at the piece of sushi trying to psych myself out for it.



It was a fun weekend and considering that Maddie and David went without naps for a good part of the weekend they were in pretty good spirits. We just have to start working on their sharing skills!

1 comment:

Nonnie said...

Dear David:

You certainly are getting big. I like the fact that you are Ms. Maddie's friend. When you come up to Boston make sure you come up to Gloucester and in the summer we can go to the beach.
Loves
Ms. Maddie's Nonnie

ps would you like and clean my floors?