February 9, 2012

Project 365 - Day 40

David has been begging me all year to ride the bus to school, but I still have to drive Shaun in three days a week. I thought about letting the bus pick him up on Mondays and Thursdays when Shaun doesn't have school until I found out that he'd have to be at the bus stop by 6:55am! NO THANKS! I'm lucky I can get them all out the door by 7:30 (the absolute latest I can leave my house to make it on time) most days! And since I am at the school on days that Shaun's not in class at the Family Center playgroup, he doesn't get the opportunity to ride the bus home either.

So this is the next best thing! On Monday & Thursday I just drop him off and let him walk in all by himself. I wave goodbye from the car and watch him head off to school. So independent! I think he's happy with the compromise, though he does ask me all the time how soon until he's in first grade because he knows then at the very least he'll be able to ride the bus HOME!

No comments: