September 11, 2012

Back to School 2012

The back to school season started back at the end of July when our local Target put out their Back to School section at the back of the store!  Nothing makes me happier than the smell of a new box of crayons so of course I had to buy a bunch!

Checking out the marker selections at Target back in July
Mid-August we did the back pack shopping at Toys R Us.  Shaun chose a batman backpack and David chose a skulls backpack.  I think next year we're going to have to upgrade David to something a little sturdier, like an LLBean or Jansport, with his lunchbox and schoolwork I doubt this backpack lasts the year.  I also did some back to school clothes shopping while the boys took a trip to Cape Cod and I only had Evan with me.  I had to get all of this done before we headed to Maine for our vacation because when we returned home I would only have one day before David headed off to first grade!

Shaun surprised me with the Batman choice, I thought for sure he was going to go with the Avengers or Agent P.  
After we got back from Maine, I had one day to get the boys their haircuts and new sneakers.  It made for a much more hectic day than I had anticipated, but we got it all done and the boys love their new sneakers!

David getting his first pair of Vans
Shaun stuck with his traditional Sketchers
Ready for first grade with a new haircut!
August 28, 2012, David officially starts first grade!  We are also at the new school this year!  We missed the open house since we were on vacation, so I actually didn't get a chance to see the inside of the school until Shaun's open house which was at the end of the week.  David is most excited about being able to ride the bus to school.  He gets picked up at the end of our street and Daddy drives him down on his way to work each day.  It's heartwarming to see David follow in his Daddy's footsteps as he kisses his brothers goodbye and then me and follows Charlie out the door!  The first day we all walked down (in the rain!) to watch him get on the big yellow bus for the very first time!

As the bus approached and came to a stop David ran, lightning fast, right onto the bus, I missed getting his picture!  Thankfully the bus driver saw me with my camera and had him come back and stand on the stairs!  Thank you Mr. Bus Driver for letting me capture this big milestone in my baby's life!

At the bus stop on the first day!
So excited to get on the bus for the first time!
First Day of First Grade 2012
On Thursday August 30, 2010 Shaun had his open house!  It was like I said, the first time I had the chance to go inside the new school.  I can't even begin to describe how amazing it is!  I love all the bright colors and how open and welcoming it feels when you walk inside.  This year he has a new teacher and a new preschool curriculum, since they changed it all when the old school closed.  It was nice to be able to meet his new teacher and get a feel for how the classroom was going to be run.  This being his second year of preschool, he seemed very comfortable and enjoyed seeing some of the kids that were with him last year.

At one of the activity tables
Evan making himself right at home in Shaun's classroom!
Shaun's first day was Wednesday September 5, 2012.  He is in school 3 days a week again on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.  He was so excited for it to be his turn!

First Day of Preschool 2012
Big shot on the preschool campus!
Who wants to tell Evan that he goes NEXT year?!
Evan feeling a little left out, and even had a level 4 meltdown after dropping off big brother, so we too his picture with the chalkboard too!  NEXT YEAR, Evan!!
Evan looking handsome just like his big brothers for first day of school!
Since we were away for David's meet and greet, I never got a change to meet David's teacher so I emailed her and asked to set up a time to meet.  She set up a time for the afternoon and I instructed David to NOT get on the bus!  I left him a note on his home folder and on his lunch box!  Shaun, Evan and I headed over to the school and got to see David's classroom and meet his new teacher.  She is new to the school this year having come from one of the other schools that was closed with the school merges.  I loved seeing his classroom and meeting his teacher, we talked a little about what I could expect in the next few weeks and got a sense of where he spends a good chunk of his day now!  I am looking forward to what this year brings for my enthusiastic first grader!

David's Desk
All 3 boys outside the Mill Brook School

No comments: