June 28, 2013

365 ~ 2013: Day 178

The last day of our Staycation was an interesting one.  It started out with an unexpected phone call that my brother was in an accident.  Thankfully he will be OK but there is nothing like hearing the phone ring before 7am on your vacation to get your blood pumping.  We had plans to stick around the house today but we rescheduled some plans just in case.  We were also expecting a furniture delivery and the septic guy to come and take care of our tank.  Today I learned more about how a septic system works than I ever thought I would need to know, but hopefully this bit of knowledge will prevent anything massive from failing in the future!

With no plans to be anywhere during the day it gave Charlie some time to finish the bookshelf he started earlier in the week for Shaun's room.  He desperately needs one and I found these plans online.  It's not quite finished, but so far it looks awesome.  At the end of the day it might have just been less of a pain to just buy one, but I think having it hand made by Daddy makes it extra special and now that he's built one, he'll be a pro for the next one!  The picture below, is the frame of the shelf and it's on up on it's side.  I am looking forward to seeing the finished product tomorrow after it gets sanded and stained.

We finished our staycation by dropping the boys off with my sister for the night because I have a class all day tomorrow and it will give Charlie the chance to get some more work done around the house before he goes back to work.  We took advantage of our kid free night with Indian food and seeing the new Star Trek movie.  It's been a weird day but I'm thankful for the outcome!

No comments: