January 3, 2015

365 ~ 2015: Day 3

WARNING: Cheesy self reflection post - continue at your own risk!

Shortly after my last baby was born (4 1/2 years ago!), I made a promise to myself.  I promised myself, that I would make time for me, that I wouldn't lose sight of my own interests and what makes me happy.  Perhaps that sounds selfish coming from a mother to three young children, but I don't care.  I am more than a just a mother and a wife and by taking time out from those roles, I become a better mother and a better wife.

I have had people comment to me that I look younger now than I did 8 years ago (when I became a mother).  And they want to know what my secret is...my secret is that I'm happy and fulfilled (oh...and yeah...a full nights sleep doesn't hurt either!).  I take time away from the hustle and bustle of this thing called life and focus on ME, whether it's cooking a feast for my family and friends, spending the day getting pampered at my favorite salon or hanging out at the studio to share my new images.

My advice to my fellow mom's who feel like I felt 8 years ago, when my babies were babies and life was overwhelming and hard, it's OK to be a little selfish!  Take a time out.  Find your own path.  Focus on you.  I only wish I didn't wait so long!

No comments: