February 23, 2015

365 ~ 2015: Day 54

We braved the bitter cold and headed to the slopes (Gunstock!) for some family skiing!  We started by dropping Evan off at Ski Camp, where he spends the day learning to get comfortable on skis.  He gets lots of instructed skiing time, game time and a lunch.  He loves it!  And we don't have to worry about him while we are doing our thing!

I am still trying to feel comfortable and confident on skis, so I signed up for my own lesson (which ended up being a private lesson since I was the only person there!).  My instructor was really great and I felt really comfortable by the end of the 2 hours.  I skied blues confidently for the first time ever!

That left the other boys to ski at their leisure.  David (aka Bode Miller, Jr.) was dying to try some black diamonds, but Shaun is just not at that level so he would have to wait until after lunch when I met up with them.  Shaun and I went off to ski at our pace and that left David to go off with Dad and be more adventurous!  We rode up together to the summit and went our separate ways!  This is Shaun after we made our way down a bit!  It was fun skiing with him and he would give me tips and warnings when the terrain changed!  

No comments: