February 15, 2016

Happy Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day fell on a Sunday this year and since Charlie was working all day we didn't have any plans other than hang out at home.  The boys and I headed out to the supermarket and picked up the ingredients I would need for this 4th Annual "Fancy" Family Dinner.  We all got dressed up and ate in the dinning room.  This tradition started a few years ago after seeing a friend celebrating this Hallmark holiday this way with her family.  I thought it would be fun since we never really did anything to celebrate before.

On the menu was pan seared scallops, parmesan risotto and roasted asparagus.  I also made some pan seared tilapia for the boys because I didn't think they would like the scallops.  I was right, they were not fans (although they were not really fans of the fish either).   We decided to go with the chocolate fondue again for dessert and the boys got to have a piece of candy from their candy boxes.

Next year, David has requested that I make lobster for fancy diner.  Maybe I can whip up some Lobster Mac & Cheese or something!

Here are some pictures from our Valentine's Day celebration, including the boys making out their cards:

Evan working on his class Valentines
Shaun writing out his cards!




Evan's teacher had asked for a volunteer to bring in a Valentine's Day treat to school for their party.
Evan put the liners in the pan, dumped all the ingredients into the mixer and turned it on!
He also decorated them after I put the frosting on!
A couple sprinkles of red colored sugar crystals and a Sweet Tart heart shaped gummy.
My handsome boys.  They don't even give me a hard time about dressing up for "Fancy" dinner.  David even opted to put on a tie!



My whole heart!

Plating fancy dinner selfie!
Fancy dinner!
DESSERT!  The best part!
YUM!

No comments: