March 28, 2016

2016 Easter Festivities!

Easter felt like it sneaked up on us this year.  Although I generally feel that way when Easter falls in March.  We tried to make the best of it though and even though it wasn't as warm as we though it would be on Easter Sunday, there was no snow, like last year, when Easter fell in April!

We decided to color eggs on  Friday, since my MIL had come up to help me get the house ready for our festivities on Sunday and I thought she would enjoy it.  Turns out she had not colored eggs in years and was excited to make a few with the boys.





Saturday was spent running errands and getting all the food that I needed to make the delicious food that we were going to eat on Sunday and the kids were such great sports since they had to come along for the ride.

On Sunday morning the boys were excited to see what the Bunny brought.  They were happy to see some new baseball gear, books and some candy.


New Disney Infinity character and some baseball pants!
A new baseball gear bag and the Chris Grabenstein book.
Batting gloves and a Disney Infinity character!
They also got some pool toys and giant water bottles for the days we spend at the ball field.
Charlie had to work, so dinner was planned for later in the day.  That gave me plenty of time to prep the meal and get some yummy appetizers in the oven.  We had a nice spread of hot and cold munchies, including the crowd favorite stuffed mushrooms, which rivaled the delicious bacon wrapped tator tots that my Aunt brought.

My sisters cute jelly bean garden cake!
I have pretty much perfected the Easter meal and have not deviated from the menu because it works and I know how to prep everything so that it's all ready together.  We had 2 different styles of ham (a whole smoked ham and a spiral ham), an herb roasted leg of lamb, mashed potatoes, spring pea medley and sweet potato casserole.

Pioneer Woman famous baked ham with Dr. Pepper glaze!
Garlic and Rosemary crusted leg of lamb!

Family!
After dinner we sent the kids down to the cul-de-sac while we hid the eggs for the annual egg hunt.  It was nice to not have to worry about the snow this year and the sun had finally come out so it was a bit warmer than it was earlier in the day.  


Shaun checking out his loot!
Everyone gets one big egg and 10 small eggs
One big egg has $5 inside, David was the lucky winner this year!

My happy family!
Another Holiday celebration success.  I love hosting my family and I am already looking forward to the next one!

No comments: