December 18, 2016

Getting into the Holiday Spirit!

I love this time of year!  It's always busy but it's so fun and I wouldn't trade it for anything!  As is our tradition, we took out all of our decorations the day after Thanksgiving and began putting them all up!

Playing with the Christmas Lego sets that we put out on the piano for decoration!
Trip up the tree with Christmas stuff!
Charlie had to work the weekend so I set up time at the studio to do the boys Christmas portraits so I could get my Christmas cards ready!  We had some fun getting into the Christmas spirit with some props and the cocoa booth!


Santa, Reindeer & Elf
David, Shaun & Evan's Hot Cocoa!

Another Christmas Spirit tradition is going to the parade!  I met up with my mom and sister earlier in the day and we first headed to the mall so I could get the boys pictures done with Santa!  Afterward, we parked our car nearby where we planned to watch the parade and walked down the street to get lunch at the local pizza shop!


David and Grammy ready to watch the parade!
The kids are ready for it to start.  It was a really nice day to be out, not too cold!

I needed to be in at least one picture!




This year Charlie and I made it back to NYC for Christmas!  He has a conference he can attend their and I enjoy tagging along!  We got to see Book of Mormon and then while he was at his conference, I treated myself to the Illusionists show which featured The Clairvoyants from America's Got Talent!


Rockefeller Center!
I couldn't help feeling a little guilty about our trip since the boys had their 12 Days of Christmas Concert with the Finches Choir.  I was thankful for Auntie Kristin and Omi for getting them ready and to their show and seeing them preform!


Anutie Kristin text this to me before their opening show!

The Music school took this picture and used it on their website!  That is Evan singing Solfege Santa!
And the last Christmas Spirit bucket list item is the annual glowing tree portrait!  I do plan to do this up until they head off for college!


No comments: