December 10, 2007

15 Weeks & My Great Fall (again)*

I suppose it's time for my first baby update. Up until today I haven't really had anything to report. In fact, I have to keep reminding myself that I am preggo again. I suppose the growing belly helps but so far things have been pretty uneventful and with that said I really can't complain!

OK, back to my story, since I now have my first pregnancy tale to tell. This story basically stems down to the fact that pregnancy does a number on my ability to stay on two feet. That's right, I fell (again)*. I couldn't fall during my pregnancy with David and not fall during this one - I didn't want to play favorites!

Here's what happened: I got off the El at 15th & Market Street so that I could get my morning Dunkin Donuts. I walked down the stairs into the "underground" and walked past the lady handing out the Free Metro's when BAM...next thing I know I am on the ground. My right foot slipped out from under me on the wet tile (it had rained last night in Philly). I couldn't have been more embarrassed as I had no "phantom" piece of wood chip to blame this time.

Three very nice gentlemen stopped to help me up and as I gathered my things and what little was left of my ego I was on my way. Let me tell you, there is nothing like an Ice Cold Dunkin Donuts Coffee to help you bounce back! As soon as I got to work I called the Doc who said to me, "Smooth", real nice huh?! I couldn't even get one ounce of sympathy from him. Thankfully I work with mostly women who were very concerned for my well being! So there you have it...I guess it's just my thing now. I'll call it my pregnancy "trademark".

Our next appointment will be on the 21st and then hopefully we'll be able to schedule our big ultrasound the following week. Will we be able to use the wardrobe we've already accumulated for David or do I get to go shopping for a whole new one??!!! Guess we'll know for sure soon enough!

*click on the link for the story of my first fall

5 comments:

Mis Pretty said...

OH NO!!! i hope you are ok! I guess if you weren't then we'd know about it by now! Cohen is walking now! I can't believe how fast time goes! Before we know it all these rug rats are gonna be off to college! aaahhh..Well, we'll see ya soon! Let us know what it is. I'm hoping another boy! Maybe if i can part with all the clothes i have ( i'm still a little attatched!) You can have them!!! God knows i'm not having another child ANY TIME SOON!!! Well, i hope you are doing well. I'll talk to you later...And see you soon!

Momma Trish said...

ohmigod I fell during my first pregnancy too. I was about 7 mos and huge. I was walking with my husband's cousin, and she caught me sort of, but I still went down. She was more scared than I was. But falling is funny, even when you're pregnant....as long as you don't get hurt, that is. It's just nice to know I'm not the only clumsy ox in Philly!! xoxo

Fleno- Sherwood Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Fleno- Sherwood Family said...

Ohh...! I fell twice during my pregnancy. I fell around 34 weeks, down the wet front steps trying to put the last garbage bag out (and then realized it was not garbage day). Then when we were going to the hospital I fell down the same damn stairs. Just blame it on hormones, it seems to work for everything! You look great, btw and David is just getting cuter and cuter! Hope all is well and Merry Christmas!

Brian said...

Yikes! Glad to hear you are ok. Hey, what is with the Chandler smile! :)