June 13, 2010

Milestones...

Back in the day when the Doc and I were discussing marriage and kids, we always said we would would have three and call it a day. So with the birth of Evan our family is now complete! However, even though we are 100% sure of our decision not to have any more kids, I cannot help but feel a little sad. It doesn't help that Evan is such a good baby who has adjusted so well into our daily routine. Plus we'll never have the experience of having a little girl.

Yesterday marked 6 weeks since Evan joined our family and with each milestone he hits, brings feelings of pride but also some sadness, as this is the very LAST time we will ever experience these milestones. It really hit me last night when the Doc handed me the VERY LAST size one diaper (he never did fit into the newborn size!). Evan is now officially in size 2's. Our rolly polly is now in size 2 diapers and wearing 3-6 month clothes, which means I need to pack up all of our newborn and 0-3 month clothes and pass them on.

In fact, at the rate this kid is growing, he'll probably outgrow this swing soon and with no more little ones to need it, we'll be listing it on craigslist or something. I'll feel better though once Evan is potty trained and I never have to change poopy diapers again!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Now that you've put it that way, I'm really sad too!

Here's where I get all comedic and list my lasts as an Auntie. But after thinking on it a few minutes, I've reaffirmed the fact that I am not and likely never will be a comedian nor am I feeling overly sappy at the moment.

A few things though, I'll miss the little toes and fingers. I also think the newborn cry is preferable over the, say, one-year-old cry.

jodi said...

I think you should give the swing to me. Not planning but in maybe another 10 yrs i will have a baby.