August 3, 2011

The Boys 2011 Birthday Bash!

This past Sunday we celebrated all three boys birthdays. With Evan's birthday in May, Shaun's in June and David's in August, it would be too hard to do three separate parties so close to one another, and during everyone busy summer. So for the past two years I have combined them! I am going to make this an annual thing. This was the first year we were able to have a party at our own house. I have held the last two parties at the local parks in Revere. While I missed having the Rec team facilitating, it was nice having my own place to host a party!

The theme was Mario and so the menu was made up of all Mario themed foods. There were Bowser Fireballs (sweet and sour meatballs that had a hint of spiciness to them) Wario's Wieners and the Doc's favorite, Chain Chomp Chicken Wings. Just to name a few. I also (thanks to the tips of my good friend Miss Sally!) made the boys their cake. It was a homemade ice cream cake and while it didn't look very pretty, it was super yummy! Eventually I'll get around to posting my menu, along with the step by step process of making the ice cream cake on the food blog.

For now here are a few pictures of the boys enjoying the fun! And a picture of the delicious ice cream cake!!

The boys watching the man set up the bounce house water slide!


David searching for his FIVE gold coins!


Shaun right after the pinata


My Mario Power Star Ice Cream Cake! It tasted WAY better than it looks!!


Edited to add:
David never got a 5 year check up so I estimated his height to be 42 inches

No comments: