March 17, 2012

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

It's St. Patrick's Day today and just as we do every year, we got together with my family to eat boiled dinner and celebrate Irish style! This was the first year it was at our house and the only thing missing was Dad's Irish records playing on the turn table. I'm sure it's the first thing he did when he got home, either that or popped in his copy of the Quiet Man!

As I do every year, I put the boys in their St. Patrick's Day tees and get the annual picture! This was the second year with Evan so I went back to compare my two pictures and I can't believe how much they have grown!
Top = 2011; Bottom = 2012
I normally sport my own Irish tee, but I saw this green wig at the store this year and I couldn't resist!

While my mom and SIL Kim helped me get appetizers and dinner going, the boys headed outside to cut down some trees and brush. It's the start of our massive yard remodel. We're trying to do as much as we can on our own, plus since my parents heat their house with a wood stove, they'll take all the wood back with them!
Getting the fire going to burn the brush!




Dinner is served!  Corned Beef, cabbage, carrots, rutabaga and potatoes!  Delicious!



After dinner we made Shamrock Sodas (sprite and sherbet!) another gem I found on Pinterest!  We also made some brownie pops and dipped them in green and dark chocolate and then added green sugar sprinkles!

Me & Charlie
Me, David & Dad
My Mom & Dad
And finally after everyone left, I sat down to enjoy a piece of my from scratch carrot cake, and well, not to toot my own horn but...it was AWESOME!


It was another successful Holiday celebration at our new house and I look forward to many more!  Next up, Easter!

No comments: