April 8, 2012

Happy Easter!

Another successful Holiday for the memory books! We started our celebrations yesterday with our annual Easter Party at the old Rec center. It's nice to still be included and have the chance to catch up with some of our old friends. I can't get over how big all the kids are getting!



After our Rec party we high tailed it back home for our neighborhood Easter egg hunt! Our neighbor has been hosting this event for the last 8 years and even though her son is older now, it was a tradition he wanted to continue! It's just another reason why I am so happy we moved in to this neighborhood!


After the egg hunt was over it was time to head home and get ready to decorate eggs. This year I found a really cut pirate kit at Target and decided to forgo the coloring. I think they had more fun coloring the eggs than dunking them in cups and waiting! They came out really good!



Ahoy Matey!


Then it was time for bed. The Easter Bunny can't come if we're awake!


Easter Morning the boys found their baskets waiting for them on the kitchen table! Candy, bubbles and DVD copies of Hop, The Muppets and Chipwrecked! Oh and of course, no basket is complete without chocolate bunnies!




Uh-oh, someone got into more chocolate!


After we got the boys cleaned up from the breakfast chocolate, we got them dressed in their Sunday best for our annual Easter family portrait! It is always a challenge to get the boys to look at the camera when they are supposed to, but it's especially challenging when there is no one in front of the camera getting their attention!


Once we finished doing our portraits we decided to put the boys down for a little quiet time in their rooms so that they wouldn't be cranky for company! I had already put the big giant ham in the oven earlier, so now it was time to prep my leg of lamb! I have never made one before so I was a little nervous, in any case the house smelled amazing. Garlic and rosemary and apple and maple! YUM! While the food was cooking and the kids all arrived we got ready for our first egg hunt! We sent the kids down to the cul-du-sac, behind our house, with some of the grown-ups while the rest of the grown-ups stayed behind to hide all the eggs! Once the eggs were hidden, we called them back sat them down and explained the rules.



And they are off!


There was one special egg that had a $5 bill inside and Carter was the lucky one! David was got lucky too, finding the second best egg with a $1 bill! It was a lot of fun even if it started to sleet a little!

After all the eggs were found it was time to eat the Easter feast! I thought I might have over cooked my lamb, but it ended up being just right. I had never really eaten lamb before but since I made it I was going to try it! It was DELICIOUS!




It was a wonderful day spent with both our families and I am so glad to be able to have the space to host holidays! Nothing makes me happier than cooking for my family! And of course I had to take advantage of us all being in our Sunday best to get an updated photo of my siblings and parents!

No comments: