November 29, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

The food was plentiful, the company top notch, it was another great Holiday spent with family!  Lucky doesn't even begin to describe it!

Yummy appetizers, I never did end up snagging a deviled egg.  There is always next year!

The menu included Turkey, Ham, mashed potatoes, 3 kinds of stuffing (including my homemade version of a recipe given to me by a friend), candied sweet potatoes, squash, oven roasted brussel sprouts, lemony green beans and a kale casserole.  YUM!
The Alton Brown special - with an herb butter rub!
Dr. Pepper & Brown Sugar glazed Ham!
King of the Mashed Potatoes!
My Sous Chef!
Who let this guy be in charge of carving?!
Dad has passed down the Turkey Carving to his eldest son, who passed it down to his younger brother.  I don't care who carves it as long as it isn't me!
The Kids Table
Everyone is enjoying the delicious food!  I am getting better (and more efficient!) at this hosting gig!  I thrive with the hustle and bustle of a crowd!








My Mom and Dad


Of course it wouldn't be a holiday at my house without some family portraits!  Everyone humored me, and braved the cold and wind to get the whole crew, which is posted here on my photography blog!

Thanksgiving 2013





And who could forget the desserts!  I made an apple pie and pumpkin pie (both from scratch!) my sister made pilgrim hats, my mom made a mince meat pie (that only my dad would eat!) and my cousin made a cookie crusted pudding pie!  Mmmmm pie!

OK...now that Thanksgiving is done, it's time to shift gears and get those Christmas decorations and start planning the next feast!  I hope you all had as wonderful a day as we did!

No comments: