October 17, 2015

The Fall Bucket List!

Most people I know have their Fall Bucket list items.  We typically do the same ones year to year, but I was really happy to be able to cross off the Deerfield Fair off my list this year.  We missed it last year.

Deerfield Fair


Clam Chowder in a bread bowl!
The BEST Chicken Fingers around - made with love by his friends Mom!



TURKEY LEG!  Nom, nom, nom!
It would not be the Deefield Fair experience we love so much without waiting for the Flying Walenda's show!  It's pretty much the reason I go.  I'm not into smelly farm animals.  I like the food and the Walenda's!  Lucky for me the boys love it just as much and this year they won a copy of their DVD!  It was an interesting documentary on their family history in walking the wire.

Waiting for the show to start!
Cousins!
Evan and Momma Selfie!
The show was awesome and after the boys got their autographs and pictures with their favorites!
Alex Walenda!
JP the Clown!
Grammy getting her picture too!
Elvis pumpkin!
And because they waited for a long time so we could watch the Walenda's they got to choose a few rides!

Shaun and Evan in the front row!

This is awesome!
He liked the little dragon one so much he decided to try the big one too!
David being a good big brother and riding with Evan!
Shaun wanted to ride his favorite, the Tilt-a-Whirl (or as some people call it the Tilt-a-HURL!  My sister took one for the team and rode with Shaun!
BEST. AUNTIE. EVER!

I think she is cursing me in this one!
So happy to have his Auntie take him!
After the rides, it was time to go grab some dinner.  We ran into some of our friends.  And then mayhem ensued!  It was such a fun day at the fair and I got my soup, donut as big as my face and saw the Walendas, crossing off a good portion of my bucket list!
The gang!
We didn't get to do any official apple picking this year, but I did get my apple cider donut and Evan and I enjoyed a quick trip with Family Center to a local orchard.  It rained on us for a good portion but it was still fun!


I spy Evan Michael!



Happy Fall!  Now we get ready for Thanksgiving and Christmas bucket lists!

No comments: