December 6, 2005

We’ll Do What’s Necessary ‘Cause Even a Miracle Needs a Hand

The Doc is on call tonight and I am watching A Charlie Brown Christmas. It is one of my favorites however, Twas the Night Before Christmas has to be my absolute favorite Christmas movie of all time. It is about believing in something even if you can’t see it. When all the towns’ people’s letters from Santa are returned to sender we find out that a little boy mouse Albert wrote an editorial about Santa not being real, signed Anonymous. Joshua Trundle a simple clock maker tries to save Christmas by building a clock so big when it strikes midnight it will play a song that will bring Santa to their small town. I love the songs like Even a Miracle Needs a Hand or Christmas time is Calling Santa, Santa...etc. I can watch it over and over. Of course there is the other classic A Christmas Story which you can watch for 24 hours on TNT on Christmas Eve..."your gonna shoot your eye out!!"

Charlie Brown: (shouting in desperation) Isn't there anyone out there who can tell me what Christmas is all about?

Linus Van Pelt: Sure, Charlie Brown, I can tell you. Lights, please. (A spotlight shines on Linus.) "And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the fields, keeping watch over their flocks by night. And lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the lord shone round about them, and they were sore afraid. And the angel said unto them, Fear not, for behold, I bring unto you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you this day is born in the City of Bethlehem, a Savior, which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you; you shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes and lying in a manger. And suddenly there was with the angel, a multitude of the heavenly host, praising God, and saying, 'Glory to God in the highest, and on Earth peace, good will toward men'". That's what Christmas is all about, Charlie brown.

Happy Holiday's!

2 comments:

Brian said...

A Christmas Story truely is one of the best Chrsitmas movies out there. I regularly watch the TNT marathon. Too bad my wife doesn't see things my way on this one.

Princess B said...

Awww I missed a Charlie Brown Christmas?! It's the best!

I love Christmas time. This time of year happens to be the best time of year, but maybe I'm a bit biased with my birthday being near the winter solstice and all. Yay for Christmas and the babe (not Ruth those he's alright too). Yay for Dealing in Dallas too, I miss baseball season...