January 30, 2006

The Secret to the BEST Chocolate Chip Cookie:

The secret to baking the best chocolate chip cookie* is not the recipe but how the cookie is baked. If you want to make the best chocolate chip cookies go to the store and purchase a pizza stone. I recommend the Large Round Stone by The Pampered Chef, not only does it make the best cookies but it also makes the best pizza. The reason that the stoneware is better than your run of the mill cookie sheet is the way it heats the food. Once the stone is hot it will bake your cookies evenly. Another trick is to use a cookie scoop so that the cookies are virtually the same size. What is nice about the stoneware is that it is guaranteed never to chip, crack or break. Lastly even though I stated above that it wasn't in the recipe; I recommend the Nestle Toll House recipe. I find that they have the best chocolate chips and the recipe is on the back of the bag. Stick with Semi-sweet vs. Milk chocolate - they taste better. Well the cat is out of the bag - but I know my secret is safe with you! Go ahead and try it - I know you won't be disappointed!

*This "secret" also works for any other type of cookie you like to bake - I am also a big fan of the oatmeal chocolate chip cookie.

No comments: