June 6, 2006

Happy Parents to Be:

So the Baby Shower was a great success even with the rain. It was cozy to say the least. Mom and MIL did a fantastic job and it was everything I was hoping for! And even though I knew the date they managed to squeeze in some surprises for me.

The day started off great I got pampered at the Soleil Salon in Windham, NH. My cousin and I went for pedicures and then I got my hair done. After that she took me to the mall to visit my Aunt who works at Clinique and couldn't make it to the shower. So while we were visiting I asked her if she would mind doing my make up! I felt like a million bucks which is hard when you're 31 weeks pregnant and your ankles are the size of apples.

Once I was pampered it was time to get to the shower and since it wasn't a surprise I just had to show up. With the rain everyone we all got cozy in my parents living room and it was actually quite nice. Thanks to all the lovely gifts from all of our friends and family we got everything that we needed!

The fun part was packing it into the car and getting it all back to Philly. Thanks to some consolidating by my SIL, the Doc and me we managed to pack pretty much everything. We still have some items to pick up at the store which we have gift card for and that was probably what saved us the most space in our car!

We started to put some of the items together and once we get the rest of the furniture we will be able to start organizing and finishing the nursery! 63 days left before Baby David will make his entrance into the world! Thanks everyone for all the wonderful stuff.

No comments: