January 3, 2008

It's ANOTHER Boy!

Today we had our big ultrasound and with a couple phone calls and some finagling of the Doc's schedule he was able to "run" the six blocks or so from his clinic to the hospital so he could be there for the big news.

The U/S tech began scanning and right away we saw a very healthy heartbeat (145bpm). We saw that he was facing down and I thought for sure I was going to leave without finding out. After about 20 minutes of measurements we took a break and the Doc suggested that maybe if I peed it would free up some space for the little bugger to move around.

I came back and jumped up and down a couple times (I figured - what the heck). She started the scan again and still he was in the wrong position. She had me lay on my left side to see if that would shift him around (which meant I couldn't see the screen anymore) when I heard the Doc say "Is that...oh..." I knew right away that it was a boy.

Today is 18.5 weeks (19 on Saturday) and everything looked great with the baby, we saw hands and legs and even got to see fingers and toes - something I didn't remember getting to see very clearly with David. Check out this really neat hand shot:



Things are going so well with this pregnancy that if it were not for the big GIANT belly I now have (as you see from the above shot) and the constant peeing I really wouldn't believe it! Now I just have to wait 20 or so more weeks (preferably not more than 20) to finally meet this little guy in person. We have chosen a name for the little guy and so let me introduce you to Shaun Scott - check out his first profile shot!

5 comments:

Princess B said...

Hooray!! (Though I was hoping for a girl!) CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN!

Mis Pretty said...

YEAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! Oh I'm sooo excited for you, charlie and david!! Another little boy for the family!! Yup, we're going for our own little football team in this family, huh!!! Family gatherings are going to get so much more fun as they get older!! I'm so glad we get to see this one from birth to whenever, and not thru photos!!! I'm sure we'll come and visit often when you move home! Cohen misses Little david!! hehe..They played so well!

Christina said...

How exciting! Congratulations!

Nonnie said...

Hi Shaun: You look amazing as your mom does. How lucky for you to come into such a great family. How is my lettle David doing, he looks so cute. We just came back from VA to visit and meet, Master Owen, what a cutie he is and we had so much fun with Maddie my heart is empty now that we left there. Looking forward to our next visit. Please have mommy or Doc let me know when you are moving.
Love,
Maddie and Owen's Nonnie

Mis Pretty said...

ok as i was looking at your u/s pics again, just seeing if you've added anything new to the blog, I noticed that the one of shaun's profile...the nose looks a lot like Scotty's..that was the first thought that came to my mind. Just thought i'd let ya know what i think!! hehehehe