May 18, 2008

38 Weeks: Doomed to be Pregnant FOREVER!

We survived the Doc's trip to NH on Thursday. He had to take care of getting his new MA drivers license and get the keys to our new place Revere. Since I was going to be 37 weeks and 5 days pregnant - I stayed behind. Thankfully my mom was able to fly down to help me out "just in case". It would have been just my luck that labor would start if I was all alone with David.

The Doc returned VERY late Friday night after a four hour delay. Apparently there was a cloud in Philadelphia and they couldn't land until the cloud moved. The trip was made extra special because MA doesn't actually issue you a real license but just a temporary paper license (that states "not valid for identification"), so he was deemed a "person of interest" and got the full pat down, bag searched and thoroughly checked for bombs and an identity check. I couldn't help but laugh and ask if he managed to escape a full cavity check!!

My mom decided to make a weekend of her trip to Philadelphia and so on Saturday we took David to the park in the morning. He just loves to go down the big wooden slide with Daddy. He also loves when Daddy pushes him on the swing. This time we took him inside to play with the tricycles and cars, proving just how much of a midget he really is - his feet, when stretched out, came no where near the pedals.




We decided to take advantage of Grammy being in town to go to the movies. We saw Ironman and it was awesome! I even got my big bucket 'o popcorn! Later that night we went out to eat at Nifty Fifty's. David enjoyed sharing a chocolate milk shake with Grammy! Grammy left today after a hearty breakfast at Perkins and a walk around the mall.

If you asked me on Monday I would have thought for sure that Shaun would make his arrival this week. I was feeling a lot of tightening and movement on Monday - since then however, I have felt pretty much nothing. I have decided that I am doomed to be pregnant forever. I haven't tried eating pineapple yet...maybe that is my problem. Note to self: Get some PINEAPPLE tomorrow!

2 comments:

Jazell said...

what a slide! Would love to have one of those around here.

I cant wait for Shaun either! or for your move! Depending on when he comes, I may be able to drive down with Mom.

Here's hoping it's sooner rather than later...

Nonnie said...

Hi Pam: You look great and wish you the best. If you need any help picking anything up in Revere, please feel free to call me or email me. Give David a hug and look forward to meeting Shaun. Nonnie and Papa had a great time with Maddie, Owen, Sebastian and of course Robyn, Ben, Edward and Jean this weekend. What fun. We love having all the babies here.
Take good care,
Love
Nonnie