May 25, 2008

39 Weeks: Any Day Now...I hope!!

As of yesterday I am 39 weeks. It is obvious that Shaun is quite content taking up residence in my belly. I had an appointment on Thursday and was happy to hear that I have made some progress but would have been happier with more. I have to be honest that since we were induced with David I am not sure what to expect this time around. When I had my first contractions with David I was hooked up to a monitor that showed me I was having one before I really felt it.

I joked with the Doc that I won't know I am in labor and he'll end up having to deliver Shaun at home!! I mean he did it a couple time back in Medical School - no sweat!

On the plus side I feel great! It helps that the weather is much nicer in May compared to August and that I am not carrying around an extra 20lbs of weight! I have had very little heartburn and no kankles! This time was a breeze in comparison but I am so over it and want to be done with this!!!

Steph is in town for the long weekend we decided to treat ourselves to pedicures! I thought that maybe the massage chair would spark some contractions. Obviously that didn't happen but now my toes are a nice bright blue and look nice and pretty! It was also very relaxing so even though it didn't work like I hoped it was still worth it!

David is having fun with his buddy Steph. She has a really cool Blackberry phone that he has commandeered. He has even figured out how to make phone calls and send text messages to her friends. I am pretty sure he had a nice conversation with the 411 operator! He has also figured out how to watch videos of her dog Cali.

Here are some new pictures of the handsome big brother to be:

Wearing my sandals and carrying my phone:


Enjoying a new "ride" at the park:

Little monkey!

Kisses from Steph and enjoying some tortillas!

4 comments:

Christina said...

I keep checking your blog every day, waiting for the big news! Best of love and luck!

Princess B said...

I'm bringing some pineapple Friday night if Shaun is still being quite content where he is! See you soon!

Mis Pretty said...

where is shaun??? grrrr

Anonymous said...

Any news yet??