May 1, 2008

Going Green:

In an effort to go green we (or rather I) decided to use cloth diapers. It's not only better for the environment but it will also save us from shelling out the big bucks by having two in diapers. We started using them on Sunday. He still wears disposables during the week while at daycare but when he is at home he is in his brand new Fuzzi Bunz.



Tonight I ordered 6 new BumGenius diapers, which are a "one size fits all" cloth diaper. That way I can use the same diapers for both David and Shaun. I can't wait to get my order. They are so cute. While the Doc has been very skeptical of the whole concept...he has been surprisingly helpful. He only has one rule and that is that he will not clean off the poopy ones. I suppose that it's only fair - this was after all my big idea!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet another rule is that the diapers get washed SEPARATELY! What is so special about these diapers? Talk about going back to the past!! I applaud your efforts, however.

MIL

Anonymous said...

Did you check to see if a store that carried these wonders is on my portal??? :)

MIL

Brian said...

Hmmmm......I hafta agree with the Doc on this one, I'm not so sure I would be up for this. Don't you end up using more water and soap?

Christina said...

I was a product of cloth diapers (due to my sensitive skin....), and I think that I turned out just fine! Of course, mine were the type that were just big white squares used w/ safety pins. Keep us updated on how it goes!