April 28, 2008

The Promised David Update:

This kid is a riot. He has become a sponge, so it's more important now than ever to watch what we say around him. Here are some examples of new things he's learned:

1. I nearly fell off my chair when I heard my little angle yelling down the hallway at my parents house "Pam, hey Pam". He had heard the other... loud... members of my family use that name, and I guess he was trying to get my attention. When I told him "No, I am Mommy" he just laughed and said "Pam". I have to admit it was a little funny!

2. He learned his first curse word when Daddy was changing his poopy diaper and said "Damn!" He, of course, repeated what Daddy said, which in turn made Daddy laugh. So David said it again, so Daddy laughed harder, and so on. Thankfully he hasn't said it again...let's hope it was just a fluke.

He had a great visit with family during our week in NH, and the Doc and I got a much needed break. Our first weekend he had a sleepover with his big cousin Scottie, and then the second weekend he spent the night with his Omi down on the Cape to visit his great Aunt and Uncle. I look forward to having these breaks more often once we relocate back to Boston!



David also got his first "real" haircut - not the butcher job his parents did around Christmas. We thought he might not like it but he was really good throughout...in fact he was so curious we had to give him his own comb so he could help.



We also spent a couple days at this great outdoor playground by the Kingston Fairgrounds. He loved the swing and the see-saw the best.



He is completely independent and does not like to be "tied" down. It makes going out now much more of challenge. It's especially become harder to go out to eat. After about 5 minutes in highchair he looks at us and says "All done, get down". He also does not like to be in the stroller or shopping car when we go to stores. We caved and bought a cute little Bear harness so that he can walk without running away from us. He is very fast and doesn't like to hold our hands. I like it because I don't have to slouch over to try and make him hold my hand.
It's amazing how much he learns and how much he remembers - he even likes to sing us his ABC's and dance to the music. I am most impressed by his pitch! We may have a future singer just like his Mommy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The "Damn" story was funny even for Omi, who overheard the daddy commentary on a very smelly diaper. Creative language will be necessary for the future or David will have a "potty mouth!"

You didn't mention: his first professional haircut was done by the woman who also cut his Dad's and Aunt Kristin's hair! From babies through high school. WOW.

David is very polite and even wipes up the table and his hands during and after eating. For some reason he doesn't like to get his hands dirty. Was a challenge at the beach with the sand!

What a luv!

OMI

Princess B said...

I LOVE the playground pictures--so adorable. It's cute to see him light up in the car whenever we pull into the parking lot of the one near our place.

What a smartie pants calling you Pam! It's so fun hearing him mimic more.