May 19, 2009

American Idol - The Final!

So the end is here and I could give a rip who wins. Adam is by far one of the best performers, but Kris's sound is more relevant.

Here is my run down:

Round 1: Mad World & Ain't No Sunshine - I am not a fan of repeat performances, I feel like it's cheating the viewers. I disagreed with Simon and gave round 1 to Adam, because this song is one of the best performances I have seen on American Idol in all 8 seasons. I love the song, loved the fog, and I even loved the long jacket. It was a close call though, because Kris re-sang his best song as well.

Round 2: Change is Gonna Come & What's Going On - Um, are you serious with the song choices?! That was the worst segment of the night. I think the song choices hurt both contestants. I was less of a fan of Adam in this round and gave round 2 to Kris (also disagreeing with Simon). Kris wins round 2, in my opinion, because I liked the arrangement of the song better. I didn't think it was weak for this stage of the competition because that is the kind of artist that he is.

Round 3: No Boundaries (Kara's Song) - I am pretty sure that is one of the lamest finale songs ever. I am giving round 3 to Adam because at least he rocked out on it. Kris needed to come out and *Allenize* it by making it unplugged and strumming his guitar. He could have stole the show had he done that.

So I don't really care who wins, I think I would be a little surprised if Kris pulls it off, mostly because I don't think he should have been the one there in the first place. I liked Danny and Matt better throughout the entire competition. However, Kris has a very relevant sound and I would be more likely to buy his album over Adam's. Unfortunately I can't get past the facial contortions and awkwardness when he sings. He's the epitome of video killed the radio star.

No comments: