May 15, 2009

Dish of the Week: Orange Glazed Salmon

This weeks dish is Orange Glazed Salmon. This dish came from the cooking magazine Cuisine at Home, which I received as a free sample in the mail!

Ingredients:
3 tbsp. Cajun spice
1 tsp. brown sugar
1/4 tsp. kosher salt
4 boneless, skinless salmon fillets (6oz each)
2 tbsp. vegetable oil
1/4 cup orange marmalade (I used Smucker's)
1 tbsp lime juice (I used the juice from one small lime)

Directions:
Combine Cajun spice, sugar, and salt in a small bowl. Rub over all surfaces of the fillets. Saute fillets in oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes. Turn and saute an additional 2-3 minutes.

Blend marmalade and lime juice; swirl in pan until melted. Carefully turn fish to glaze on all sides. The salmon is done when it begins to flake when tested with a fork.

The Verdict:
The first time I made this dish I made it in my cast iron grill. The flavor of the salmon is probably the best I have ever had. The sugar and spice is a winning combo, in my opinion. The Doc really enjoyed it too.

The second time was on the grill, using a brush to glaze the salmon and then serving it on the side. Both ways were great. I liked having the salmon on the grill because now that I have one, I want to use it all the time!

No comments: