May 12, 2009

American Idol: Top 3

So we're down to the end. I think that this has been (with a few exceptions) one of the best seasons. I really liked most of the contestants this year.

Here is my recap in no particular order:

1. Adam Lambert:
Simon's Pick: This was standard Adam. I have to say that I agreed more with Randy. I LOVED the beginning of this arrangement but not so much the end. He is still an amazing performer.

Adam's Pick: Wow! I just love watching his performances. He really knows how to rock!

2. Danny Gokey:
Paula's Pick: I just LOVE his voice. I thought it was fun and energetic and vocally outstanding.

Danny's Pick: This was vocally brilliant (to use a Simonism). It gave me goosebumps!

3. Kris Allen:
Randy & Kara's Pick: I thought it was a solid (not amazing) rendition of the original, though probably one of my favorites by him (and that is probably because

Kris's pick: This was better than the first song. Liked the acoustic arrangement a lot, and did not like the stupid facial expressions. It's really getting ridiculous.

At this point I think it's pretty obvious who *I* like for the final, but it's could go any which way. So hopefully we'll be saying our goodbye's to Kris, but for some strange reason the little girls like him in all his skeeviness. Me, not so much.

No comments: