February 24, 2010

American Idol - Season 9 - Top 12 GIRLS

It is that time of year again. I am finally glad that we're on to the live preformances. For this round I have chosen to list my top three and bottom three, because frankly I am too lazy to analyze all 24 contestants!

Last night the girls sang and while no one blew me away there were three that stood out above the rest, in my opinion. So without further ado:

My top three:
1. Crystal Bowersox - she sang Alanis and I get what the judges said about her being almost copy cat but, in my opinion she has the most potential out of any contestant.

2. Didi Benami - I LOVE her voice. She has that the singer songwriter voice that I can get on board with and I could see myself singing along with one of her singles in my car. It also helps that she didn't sob like a newborn baby during the judges critique.

3. Siobhan Magnus - not only is she a hometown girl, but she has a very powerful voice without sounding DIVA-ish (ie: Beyonce, Mariah, Jennifer Hudson). Was it the best song to showcase her? Probably not, but I remember her "haunting" song choice more than any other performance of the night.

Weakest Links:
1. Ashley Rodriguez - I want to like her, first she is gorgeous and she's another hometown girl (right next door in Chelsea even). That being said based on what I had seen during the auditions that was a HORRIBLE song choice and made her sound very weak, IMO.

2. Lacey Brown - Another one I want to like. I LOVE her voice. I LOVE it. But SNOOZE with the choice of Landslide.

3. Paige Miles - She is completely (to use a Simon-ism) forgettable in my book. Not the worst but definitely not the best either. At least I remember the worst singers performances. I don't remember her performance AT. ALL. so that can't be a good thing for her. I don't think she'll be going home but she needs to do something major to help me remember her next week.

No comments: