February 25, 2010

American Idol - Season 9 - Top 12 BOYS

So last night it was the boys turn. Overall, and I know I am in the minority, I enjoyed the boys over the girls. I am hoping, though, that nerves are a big factor in how mediocre both nights were compared to years past. So, on that note here are my picks for top three and bottom three.

My Top Three:
1. Andrew Garcia: He's been my favorite out of anyone since his first audition. I completely disagreed with the judges on that one. I LOVED his song. It was definitely my favorite of the night.

2. Casey Jones: He is not my favorite but his performance was one of the best of the night. He has a very cool voice and I am sure he'll do well in the weeks to come.

3. Lee Dewyze: I honestly don't remember this guy much during the Hollywood rounds but man I LOVED his voice and became a fast fan. Probably not the best song choice but I thought it was really solid. There were some very boring performances and that was not one of them!

The Weakest Links:
1. Jermaine Sellers: This guy was the worst of BOTH nights, if you ask me. That was painful to sit through. If this guy doesn't go home then I'll be scratching my head.

2. John Park: He gets the award for worst song choice of the night. That was just the most bizarre choice of song. He has a really good voice but he may have blown it with that song choice.

3. Alex Lambert: It was a close call between him and Tim Urban but I am choosing Lambert because he was so awkward to watch. Sure he has a decent voice, and even though Tim Urban couldn't hit the high notes well, I felt so uncomfortable watching Alex. My other issue with Alex was that I couldn't get past the mullet. All I could think watching him was, "DUDE, get a haircut!"

My predictions for the four going home would this week are:

BOYS:
1. Jermaine Sellers
2. John Park

GIRLS:
1. Ashley Rodriguez
2. Lacey Brown

No comments: