March 3, 2010

AI: Guys Round 2

I have to admit that I was shocked to read (yes read...I can't stand the result show and never watch) who was voted out last week. So it won't surprise you to see that the same lousy singers in my bottom three last week are going to be there this week too!

My top 3:

1. Lee Dewyze: I think I love him. He needs to be a little less deer in the head lights but his voice is just amazing! He actually reminds me a lot like Elliot Yamin (he was in the top three and he always had that deer in the headlights, terrified, nervous look). Best of the night, hands down!

2. Andrew Garcia: I am still a fan, though I agree with the judges that he may be going backwards. I liked last weeks song much better but his voice is awesome and so if he can just step it up he'll be really great.

3. Alex "The Mullet" Lambert: So he gets the award for most improved and I laughed out loud when Ellen used her "banana" analogy again. I really enjoyed him even though I am still having a hard time getting past the mullet.

The Weakest Links:

1. Jermaine Sellers: All I can say is OH. MY. LORD. I am still scratching my head over how he managed to make it to the next round. It was painful (again). I mean seriously, am I missing something with this guy?

2. Aaron Kelly: Yeah...I said it. OK I get it, he is 16 and yes he can sing, but holy crap, did his Mom pick out that song? I mean really. I couldn't even sit through it. It was awful. I was shocked that the judges liked it. Within 20 seconds I was done. That was the first time since watching this show that I actually used the FF button on my DVR during a performance. That was just too much for me. I couldn't stand the cheese factor.

3. John Park: He reminds me of Anoop (from last year) minus the charm and charisma. Because he lacks the charisma that Anoop had he simply just bores me to tears.

No comments: