March 11, 2010

AI: Guys Round 3

The performances last night were, again on the slow side, but overall I enjoyed them all. I may find myself in the minority on my review today but it is what it is!

My Top Three: Should sail on through to the top 12

1. Lee Dewyze: His nerves are still there but this week he came out with a ton more confidence and it showed. Out of all the guys he is my favorite. I think with more confidence he can be really great. I have a strong dislike for the song he chose (Fireflies), but he made me like it. Even The Doc (who never watches Idol with me), looked up from the laptop and agreed with me that it was better than the original. He went on to add, though, that it wasn't saying much. Of course I disagree!

2. Michael Lynche: I thought his song was really good, but it's not the music genre I enjoy listening to, so I wasn't jumping out of my seat like the judges. Honestly, while it was one of the best for the guys, there are about four girls that I think have done much better performances that haven't seen the love that this guy got last night. I didn't get it, I mean, Kara crying?! Are you kidding me?! It was a bit much for me.

3. Alex Lambert: I want to put Andrew here (because I really like him) but I can't with good conscience, so Alex gets my number three spot. He is by far the most improved and has one of the better voices, but he needs to have more emotion when he sings. Like I have said before, he is very reminiscent of Elliot Yamin. I still can't help but laugh at Ellen's banana references.


The Weakest Links: The most likely to sing their swan song tonight

1. Aaron Kelly: Um wow. Last week I FF his performance, this week I watched every painful second. No strike that, I started ranting to the Doc about how much I can't stand this kid during his performance. I feel bad saying that (because he is so young) but I just don't like him much and honestly never have. He is another one whose praise from the judges has me scratching my head. If by some chance he squeaks by (because all the little old ladies and teeny boppers vote for him), he won't make it far.

2. Tim Urban: He was good last night, probably the best he has ever been but he is not even in the same league as the other guys and that is why he makes my bottom three. It's too bad because he really seems like a genuine guy.

3. Todrick Hall/Andrew Garcia: It's a tie and I couldn't decide which one to put here. I think they are both equally at risk to go home. Personally, I like Andrew better. I also didn't think his version of Genie in a Bottle was as much a train wreck as the judges thought. I also think they are being unfair to him saying he peaked early, but again I like the guy so I am know I am being a little biased. Todrick gave his best performance of the three rounds but I don't know if is enough to save him. If he does make it he's another one who will be out in the early weeks.

My predictions for the four who sadly won't make the top 12:

1. Aaron Kelly
2. Tim Urban

1. Paige Miles
2. Katie Stevens

No comments: