March 18, 2010

Baby Evan in 3D

Yesterday we had another ultrasound and got to see Baby Evan on the "TV". I had one done about 6 weeks ago but he wasn't very cooperative so we never got a nice profile picture. I was really hoping for one this time but again he was being stubborn and sugar I had prior to the scan did nothing to make him move his hands out of his face. She was able to get this 3D profile. It's not great but you can make out some facial features.



While she was measuring his head she pointed out to me that he has hair! No wonder my heartburn has increasingly gotten worse over the last two weeks. Of course we won't really know until he makes his grand entrance into the world but it was neat to see on the monitor.

They have estimated that Evan is about 5lbs 8oz right now, and of course the Doc says that those estimates are not very reliable and to figure plus or minus 1 pound. I was just happy to hear that everything is right on schedule and he's looking good! Assuming I don't go into labor early (which we know doesn't happen for me!), I'll have one more ulstrasound on April 14th.

No comments: