June 25, 2012

Project 365 - Day 177

Evan's newest milestone (and I cannot say that I'm thrilled) is being able to open his bedroom door. He has been sleeping in a "big boy" bed since January but he's never tried to get out of the bed, until now. He used to just sit in his room and talk to his stuffed animals or sing songs to himself until I went in to get him. NOW, not so much, I don't know what has changed, but now he likes to get out of his bed, open his door and run out into the hallway and announce "Mommy, Daddy! I wake up!" at the top of his lungs. Then he'll run down the hall to his brothers rooms to tell them.

This would be less of a problem if it wasn't happening between 5:45 and 6:15 in the morning. I try to get him back into his bed and close his door but it's pretty much futile, since in a few minutes he'll get back up and do it all over again. This morning I heard running down the hall trying to sneak down to David's room (he doesn't always announce that he woke up), it was 6:15 and I looked at him pointed to his room and gave him the stink eye to march right back to bed. He was so sad, "I want David" he cried. But I turned on his music and told him it was too early. He calmed down but at that point, Shaun and David were already awake.

I sent the older 2 boys downstairs and decided to grab my camera to see if I could catch Evan trying to get out of bed again, since I knew he heard his brothers at this point. Sure enough, here he is opening his door and trying to sneak out again. Imagine his surprise when he saw Mommy with her camera catching him red handed! This will be one for the memory books when his future children wake him up at the butt crack of dawn trying to sneak out of their rooms!

No comments: