August 16, 2012

David's 6 Year Check Up

Today David had his 6 year check up. They checked his height and weight like always and even tested his eyes. So far he's seeing 20/20 but Daddy didn't get his first pair of glasses until 3rd grade and I was in 6th before I needed them so he's not off the hook yet!

He's still on the short side for his age, but still holding strong in the upper 30th percentile!

Height: 44 3/4 inches (38th percentile)
Weight: 46 1/2 lbs (56th percentile)

Height Check
Vision Check
BP Check
My handsome 6 Year Old at the park tonight!
So far turning 6 has been a big deal for David.  Exactly one week before his 6th birthday, David lost his first tooth!  A few days after turning 6, David surprised me by jumping into the deep end of the 8ft pool at my parents camp, and swimming all the way to the other side.  He was so proud of himself, as he should be!


It's hard to believe that in less than two weeks he'll be starting first grade.  He'll be riding the bus for the first time and he'll be in school for a full day.  He also starts piano lessons and soccer next month and he'll continue swimming.  He's turning into quite the little math whiz, he told me today that he is 3 Evan's years old.  I love the way he runs numbers in his head.  He's constantly trying to add and subtract and creating word problems.  I can't wait to see what this year brings.  I think he's really going to love first grade!

No comments: