December 27, 2012

Christmas Day!

Santa came! I love the time of night when it's all quiet, the boys are all snug in their beds, Santa has left us lots of goodies, drank his hot chocolate and noshed on his treats! Everything looks perfect and the Doc and I head off to bed ourselves waiting for the sound of the boys waking up in the morning.

Santa came!
The boys are going to be so excited!
I was anticipating an early wake up call and I was right, I heard the boys about 6:15.  They were all having a sleep over in Shaun's bedroom so that GG and Auntie Kristin could use David and Evan's rooms.  When I heard them I wanted to make sure they knew it was OK to get up and use the potty but that it was too early to go downstairs.  I opened the door and saw the three boys laying in bed just chit chatting about what they thought Santa might have left them.  If I had only thought to grab my camera so that I could capture that moment.  It was so heartwarming!

At 6:40 Daddy went downstairs to start coffee and start getting everyone up so that the boys could start opening their Santa gifts!  But first we had to get the traditional picture of us on the stairs.  And while we were sitting on the stairs, the boys found a letter that Santa left.  He hid one of their gifts and they were going to need to find it first!

Evan and Mommy waiting to see what Santa brought!
So excited for Christmas morning!
David reads the letter that Santa left that explains the scavenger hunt and where to find the first clue!
The scavenger hunt was started by Santa last year and David must have enjoyed it because he told us many times throughout the month that he was hoping that Santa would do it again!  There were 6 clues all throughout the house and eventually they found their gift and headed back to the tree so they could open them!

David's scavenger gift - a 3DS!  He was so excited!
But not as excited as Shaun was to also open a 3DS - it wasn't on his list but he was so happy to get one too!
Evan got a new leappad, but was very interested to open the rest of his presents!
It's not Christmas without a family picture in front of the tree.  I have been making these pictures into ornaments! It is so fun to look back from year to year to see how much we have all changed!

After the boys opened their gifts from Santa, we took a short break to eat some yummy cinnamon rolls and bagels and have some more coffee before we started on Round 2 - gifts from the family.
Time to play with some toys
Omi and Grampy got the older boys some really cool medieval toys!
Family picture!
Someday Shaun will look at the camera!
And when we do get Shaun to look, the other kid doesn't look!

After the presents were opened, it was time for me to prepare for round 3!  My family was heading up to have dinner and exchange gifts.  My MIL and SIL so nicely helped me clean up a bit so that I could get the food prepped, a whole bone-in Prime Rib.  It was massive and I wasn't going to make the same mistake I made last year with the cooking temperature.  That baby came out of the oven at 125 degrees exactly and it turned out perfect!

Once my family arrived we let the kids open up some more gifts and then we had to get ready to do our Secret Santa.  We pick names on Thanksgiving and I think I am on the 3rd year in a row of getting my sister.  She somehow has the whole thing rigged.

Shaun loves his Captain America mask from Uncle John and Auntie Kim
Evan is a Pirate thanks to Grammy and Papa!
The perfectly seasoned, cooked to perfection Prime Rib!
The gorgeous ornament from my cousin, I love it!
My Dad relaxing after enjoying a feast fit for a king!

No comments: