January 1, 2013

365 ~ 2013: Day 1

Today marks the first day of 2013, a clean slate and the opportunity for new beginnings.  Last year I took on Project 365 and with last nights post I am proud to say I completed my resolution to take and post one picture per day!  This year, I look forward to continuing on that journey with slightly different guidelines for myself.  My rules for my project are different from last year in that I'm not putting as much pressure on myself.  I want to work on my skills but it is also about preserving memories and telling a story.  Some days are just not that exciting (shocking I know!) and forcing creativity defeats the purpose.

The rules for 2013 are pretty much the same, in that there will still be a picture per day, but it may not have necessarily been taken on the day it is posted.  I also plan to use my phone camera and my new underwater point and shoot camera (thanks Santa!) which was something that I did not allow myself to do last year and that was because part of my goal was to learn my camera inside and out!  Now that I am much more familiar with my camera I can focus on the art and creative side of photography!

Which brings me to my first post of 2013 and also the conclusion of the I Heart Faces December Photo Challenge.  The theme for today is reflection and what better way to reflect on the last year than creating a storyboard of some of my favorite images.  Each image has a special meaning to me in some shape for form, one picture sparked a debate about the subjectivity of art, another image was chosen to be featured on a website challenge, and others are just favorites of mine.  I also have been experimenting with different story boards and found this tutorial online using Photoshop (normally I use Lightroom) and this gave me the opportunity to try it out!

Thank you to all who followed along on my 2012 journey, I'm looking forward to seeing what 2013 has in store for me!



 Day 31: {1 Photo – 32 Days} December Photo Challenge ~ Reflection!

No comments: