January 4, 2013

365 ~ 2013: Day 4

Since Evan is still too young for swimming lessons on his own (meaning I have to be in the pool with him) I have never been able to capture him swimming as easily as I could with the older boys.  That is...until now! Santa brought our family an underwater camera for Christmas!  It's the Panasonic Lumix TS20 and I was very excited for swimming today so that I could finally play around with it.  I didn't bother much with the manual so there may be some features I am missing but from what I can tell it allows you to adjust ISO and white balance so that is pretty cool.  For the purpose of today and trying to get some pictures of Evan and seeing what kind of shots I would get, I left it on the sport setting which is basically an auto setting that allows for high shutter speeds.  After loading them to the computer I'll be finding out if I am able to manually select my shutter speed because it still wasn't quite fast enough for my needs).

In any case, for the price tag, it's a great little point and shoot and the fact that I can take it with me in the pool is an awesome added bonus.  It also helps that Santa got a great deal from Amazon on Cyber Monday!  But deal aside, it's still one of the cheaper underwater cameras out there and while I would have liked the Canon version (because I LOVE Canon PowerShots!) I just couldn't justify the extra $150 price tag, especially for a camera that is only going to have one purpose for me; taking pictures in (and under) the water!

No comments: