May 21, 2013

365 ~ 2013: Day 141

Making progress to our landscape!  I'm happy to report that the red maple survived the move to it's new home (away from the front of the house)!  Moving the tree left a big hole in our front but our plan is to reduce the size of the garden and make most of it grass.  I'm not very much into gardening and while I love pretty flowers, I want flowers that are super low maintenance and in a smaller space so I'm not spending hours upon hours weeding!  Our plan is to figure out a new design when we get ready to redo the walkway.  The corner near where the garage connects to the house (that was filled in by the tree) definitely needs some kind of shrub, I'm just not sure what it will be!

I also picked up my hanging baskets today.  They are big and they are gorgeous and I love them.  And you can't see it well in the picture but I had purchased, through a PTA fundraiser, the boys artwork on garden flags, and finally got them put out after picking up something to display them on.  David and Shaun were pretty excited to see their drawings on display in the yard!

No comments: