August 25, 2014

David 8.0

My baby is eight.  I don't know how it happened.  I was looking back at his first day of first grade picture and he looked so young!  I remember thinking how grown up he looked at the time.  I am sure I will say this same thing next year too!

Today he had his well check and tomorrow he will start third grade!  Insert the cliche saying..."where does the time go?" here.  He grew 3 inches from last year and is now officially in the 50th percentile for his height!  He's always been between the 25th and 40th percentiles.

Height: 50.75 inches (55th percentile)
Weight: 55.8 lbs (46th percentile)

Our handsome 8 year old!

I can't believe he's officially a third grader.  That also means he's in a different school, since his school last year only goes to grade 2.  He has been so excited to start and is working on his reading log and looking forward to doing some division in math.  We love his inquisitive mind and how much he loves school.  He's getting to be quite the little piano player and enjoys preforming his new songs for family and friends.  He has really surprised me this year, trying new things like taking the plunge on Geronimo, a thrill slide at the local water park.  You couldn't pay me to go on it, but he did it three times!  I'm looking forward to seeing what being 8 brings for David.  I think it's going to be a great year!

Birthday Boy!
At his well check, healthy and happy!

No comments: