August 11, 2014

Vacationland 2014

After the boys birthday celebration we headed north for our annual summer trip to Maine!  We started our trip by spending the day in Saca at Funtown Splashtown USA!  The kids love that it's a water park and an amusement park all in one!

It wasn't until we arrived in Saco, ME that I realized that two of my bags (my camera bag and my purple travel bag that had all our towels and sunscreen) never made it into the car.  I was bummed out about not having my camera for vacation but I had my cell phone to take pictures so not the end of the world.  The end of the world discovery was realizing that I wasn't going to have my glasses for the entire trip.  Oh well.  I would make due, but I was tempted to see about finding a Lenscrafters in Maine!

Ready for some fun!
Water slide fun!
Shaun and I before heading to the Funtown side, we both tried some super fast (and kinda scary!) slides and we were very proud of ourselves!

David and Maddie try their first really big wooden roller coaster - Excalibur!

I have to say I was really proud of all 3 boys at the park today, they all tried something that seemed really scary at first.  Evan even did some big slides all by himself!  David did all the thrill slides and even went on Excalibur!  And Shaun tried two thrill water slides including one where you have to ride on your belly super fast while racing your friends!
Special treats for trying new things!!
David and Dad in front of Excalibur!
The following day we just hung out and relaxed.  It was a long weekend with a birthday party and day spent at amusement park that we planned a "do nothing" day at our friends house!  The day ended with campfire where the kids got to roast their hot dogs over the open fire!

Hey Mom, we need one of these!
Fire pit fun!
Fire roasted hot dogs!
This is the life!
On Wednesday the men decided to build a fort.  I know that they guys enjoy drinking beers and building stuff!  The started with the frame in the afternoon and then we took the kids to get some ice cream and more supplies before a storm rolled in and all work was halted.  Since we had already planned for the rain we got the kids ready to head to the movies to see Guardians of the Galaxy.
The tree fort frame!
The littles staying out of the way while the Dads work on the fort.
After the movie!  It was AWESOME!
After the movies we tried out a new seafood place in town!  YUM!  The fried scallops were amazing!
On Thursday we took the kids down to the rock beach to look for sea creatures and throw rocks.  I love the smell of the ocean breeze!

Climbing the big rocks!
More climbing
Top of the tiny rock mountain!
Evan and Me!
David and Maddie!

The kids at the rock beach
Evan was really proud he was able to climb the ladders by himself!
Friday was our lake day!  Every year we spend one of our days at Swan Lake.  This year the weather was just not great for swimming, for me anyway, the kids didn't mind!  Then the guys did some more work on the tree fort before it rained again!  So much for a second camp fire.

The annual jumping off the dock!
More jumps!
Dad tossing Evan into the water!
Shaun going head first down the slide!
Back to work on the fort!
Saturday, David's birthday!  The guys finished the fort and then we headed to have a big truck stop meal at a diner up in Bangor before hitting the road home.  It was a nice and relaxing trip but I was happy to be home with my glasses!

The tree fort it complete!
The Birthday Boy!
Home sweet home with my glasses selfie!

No comments: