February 4, 2006

The "AFA" at it Again:

Who are they attacking now? NBC.

NBC has released that Britney Spears will appear as a guest on Will & Grace; a show famous for their celebrity cameos. According to the press release she is to play a religious conservative TV Personality. She will host a show with Jack that features a cooking segment called “Cruci-fixin’s”. Call me crazy – but that’s a pretty clever play on words if you ask me. This is the second time in less than a month that NBC has been in the hot seat with the religious right group American Family Association. Apparently The Book of Daniel was a little much for them. I never saw the show and in hindsight I wish I had, however, I don’t watch NBC that much, mostly because Scrubs is the only good show.

Tupelo, Mississippi-based group, whose protests helped lead to the cancellation of the network's The Book of Daniel, was ready to call for a boycott of NBC, saying the Spears-fronted episode "mocks the crucifixion of Christ" and "further denigrates Christianity" because the show airs the night before Good Friday. The AFA is urging its supporters to contact NBC affiliates and demand they not broadcast it.

Thanks AFA I am so glad that I have you around to keep me protected from all the very bad things in the world. There is a war going on, um hello…don’t see you too worried about that. I mean we should ban the news while we’re at it. Obviously they don’t watch Action News out of Philadelphia; where the first 10 minutes are stories about shootings, robberies and corruption. I don’t see you knocking on their door trying to shut them down. God forbid you mention Jesus on a television show, they are right there to put a stop to that. Don't get me wrong, I am all for the AFA’s rights to their opinions but should the rest of us suffer the loss of a show because they have deemed it inappropriate. Here’s a solution - get rid of your television, and if you don’t want to do that then turn it off.

And you wonder why I don't go to church.

No comments: