October 16, 2006

Bitter Sweet!


12 weeks goes by fast. A week from Wednesday I will be returning back to work. That means we will be sending David to daycare. We chose the Brightside Academy Center. There are several locations in Philadelphia but the one we chose is about a mile form our home. It's nice because it's close to the EL and so I can park my car right in front of the center for the day. Today was David's first day. We are easing him into going by doing some half days and then by the end of this week he'll stay for the full day.

This morning I dropped David off at 7:20am. I met his teacher and she assured me he would be fine. It must have been very obvious that it was my first time leaving my little guy. She humored me when I kept rambling! So it was a bitter sweet day. Bitter because I hated leaving him and sweet because he'll get to be around other kids and play! The last thing I want is for David to only want to be around mommy and daddy. I didn't even cry when I left! I think it was because he didn't cry. He was so good. He was laughing and cooing at the teacher! He is such a good little guy! I enjoyed my morning off by catching up on some zzzz's. Tomorrow I will tackle some housework!

3 comments:

Brian said...

To help ease the pain for us, Erica and I don't call it "daycare", we call it "school." :)

Anonymous said...

well i am glad you listend to me, and didn't put much on him with that thing. he would have had a nice puddle of sweat. Well that is the cutest picture. Give him a big kiss for me, and i will see you saturday. I think it is cool that baby david and I shared a special day. He started his first day at daycare, and i started a new job. How special.

Anonymous said...

I worked for Brightside. Your baby is the most important thing in the world - keep your eyes open, ask questions, drop by unnannounced, listen to your gut. Hopefully things are better at that center than some of the other ones.