October 13, 2006

Temper Tantrum:

Yesterday David and I went to the supermarket to pick up some ingredients for dinner - I know what your thinking...your thinking I can't believe they are actually cooking. It's true and it's all thanks to Rachael Ray's 30 minute meals...she's a lot crazy but her recipes are to use her word YUMMO! But I digress...so back to the supermarket story.

I went to a different supermarket to check out their international food aisle (I was on a mission for Mango Chutney) because the Ghettomarket near our house well it's ghetto and has a small international food aisle. Those of you who remember CUSTEAUS MARKET it's sort of like that. I digress again...the point is I hadn't been to this market before and not familiar with the aisles. That meant I had to go up and down each aisle, something I LOVE to do...call me crazy but that is why I don't go grocery shopping with the Doc unless I have to. He doesn't let me enjoy the aisles. I must have a list and he gives me a time limit.

So I am walking past one of the aisles and I started to turn to go down until I saw something that made me change my mind. I heard it beforehand but it's nothing until you actually see it with your own eyes. There was a little girl no more than five years old, lying on her belly, on the dirty supermarket floor kicking her legs up and down and slamming her fist to the ground screaming bloody murder at the top of her lungs. I tried not to stare but I couldn't help it...this is something you see on TV not in real life.



I pictured that being me someday and I laughed...not my David...he is too cute and sweet to pull a stunt like that. I mean just look at that innocent face! I asked my mom if I ever did that to her and she said no - thank goodness. How embarrassing - although the mother didn't seem to pay her much attention. I would've be mortified if it were me.

2 comments:

Princess B said...

What's wrong with that?!?!?
I do that all the time at the supermarket, while the Hub pretends he doesn't know me.

Shamus O'Drunkahan said...

Rachael rules.