September 5, 2007

28 - Not So Bad

First let me start off by saying - the Doc totally made up for what is known as the Mother's Day Debacle of 2007. We had a fabulous long weekend birthday celebration. He had to do a day float shift on Saturday and Sunday but he was home by mid afternoon so we were still able to celebrate.

Saturday: David and I went shopping at my favorite store New York & Company. They were having a really awesome sale. David as always was on his best behavior in the store. He loves to look at himself in the mirror of the dressing room.

After we shopped we headed to the food court for some Chic Fil A (best chicken sandwich ever). David loves the waffle fries. After we ate we headed home to meet the Doc. We hung out for a while and went for a walk. It was so nice outside.

The best part of the day was an email saying that Charlie got the job to handle the SSAR phone to coordinate admissions on Labor Day. He got to be at home (just had to have access to a computer) and he made 50 bucks and hour. It was from 8am to 8pm so that's $600 big ones!

Sunday: Since Charlie was going to work on Monday and had to be able to access the computer we changed our plans to have my birthday dinner on Sunday after he was done with work. He got home about 1:30pm and we headed out to center city to get burgers at Five Guys.

They must have known I was celebrating my birthday because it was the BEST burger I have had there. It was juicy with just the right amount of melted cheese, mayo and pickles! YUM! After we ate we walked over to Love Park to let David loose! He thought it was so cool to be able to explore and watch the fountain.



After David went to bed - the Doc went to Cold Stone Creamery to get ice creams (in lieu of birthday cake). While we ate our ice creams we finished our DVD of Heroes. Loved it and would highly recommend it!

Monday: David and I did more shopping - this time at Old Navy (see the post below) where I got David some fall clothes and a some Tee's for me. We both got gift cards for our birthdays! Then I went to the grocery store came home and picked up some lunch. The Doc sat on the couch and made 50 bucks and hour! It was awesome!

I opened my presents that he wrapped while I was out and got my TiVo! I can't wait until it arrives. It's taking FOREVER to ship. I want to check it out. It's such a fun gift. He also got me a new photo album so that I can continue David's second year!

Tuesday: Best day of the year! Had to work so that is why we celebrated before! Gotta love it when your birthday falls on (or around) a Holiday weekend!

2 comments:

Christina said...

Happy Birthday!

Brian said...

Ahhh, sounds like it was a worthwhile day. Happy B-Day again!