September 7, 2007

Who Needs Toys When You Have a Flip Flop

Sorry to everyone who bought David a toy for his birthday. He would much rather play with my car keys, cell phone, TV remote and my flip flop. I almost died when he actually picked up my shoe and put it in his mouth. Ick!




Thankfully there are times when he will sit quietly and play with his toys. He loves them all. But here's what I want to know - why do children's toys have to be so annoying for the parents. The songs, the sounds, the noise, noise, noise. I go to work singing the songs form his toys or hearing the sayings. Maybe I shouldn't complain about flip flop....at least it doesn't make any noise!



3 comments:

Brian said...

I'm nto sure why they have to be so annoying either. Brady has this silly animal train that plays a song that I am always singing at work.

Anyways, good luck witht he keys and cell phone thing. We finally gave Brady one of our old cell phones, because a toy one wasn't working fro him anymore.

Boston Pam said...

Yeah we tried to give David our old cell phone...He wasn't fooled. The old phone doesn't light up and make noises.

Christina said...

What's great about that picture with the flip-flop is that you can see all the other toys in the background! Proof that he's not a kid of the Depression who only has a shoe to play with! I can't believe how much bigger he's gotten since the family portraits just a few weeks ago!