September 16, 2007

Hard to Handle Now...

Now that David is a pro at walking it's all he wants to do. He used to be so easy to take anywhere. Now it's a project. He doesn't want to stay in his stroller when we go shopping or in the highchair when we go out to eat. He wants to explore.

Oy Vey!!

Last night we went to a really nice Italian restaurant in center city and he just wasn't his normal well behaved self. He was fussy trying to wiggle his way out of the chair. It wasn't until we gave him the crayons that he settled down. I wish I had thought of it earlier but usually he tries to eat them. Check out his masterpiece below.

2 comments:

Erica said...

welcome to our world! We bring plenty of toys with us to restaurants now, Especially ones that he hasn't seen for a while. Brady love to look at pictures so we made him his own photo album and he likes that. I remember that stage it is so frustrating. It still is! he's starting to learn now that if he wants to walk he has to hold our hand, if nit he has to go in the carrige. godd luck!

Brian said...

Ahh yes, I remember those days. Oh wait, Brady still does that...but it is a little better.

About a month ago, I almost contemplated something I have always made fun of other parents for...those kid leashes. But, I couldn't bring myself to ACTUALLY do it.

Erica and I became good at ordering food that would cook quickly, and reminding the waitress to bring Brady's meal out as soon as it was ready.

But most of the time he is good....