February 7, 2009

David Charles (the 2.5 Addition)

Hard to believe that David will officially be 2-1/2 years old on Monday. I have even started thinking about pre-schools!! YIKES! I am pretty sure I have decided on the pre-school we will send him (it was recommended by a Mom at our playgroup). Two girls from his playgroup will most likely be joining him there so he'll already have some friends in school!

I am also happy to be able to report a growth spurt! Wednesday was David's check up and he no longer falls into the "runt" catagory! He has jumped up to the 50th percentile in his height!! I actually didn't believe it and had the Doc remeasure him at home. Sure enough, he is just about 3 feet tall (35.5 inches to be exact)! His weight (29lbs) put him in about the 45th percentile. He's just an average Joe now!

There were no shots this appointment, but he did have to have blood drawn (checking for lead levels) and he was the bravest boy ever! I told him that the lady was going to pull up his sleeve, find the spot on the other side of his elbow, and then Mommy would kiss it better. He sat on my lap and watched as the lady took out the butterfly needle and stuck it in his arm. He seemed almost facinated. She told him how brave he was and then looked at me suprised that he never even flinched. When it was over she put a band-aid on his *boo-boo* and a sticker and not even two seconds after it was over he looked at me and said nonchalantly "Hey Mom, kiss it better now!"

He still loves to sing songs and his newest phase is the Imagination Movers. I actually don't mind this one, in my opinion it's WAY better than the Wiggles. They're more like a band that plays kids music as opposed to the human version of the Teletubbies. When he watches he gets his toy drum out and plays along with them while singing all the songs. It's pretty funny and I really should get it on video! He can recognize the entire alphabet and has finally figured out his colors. He is always asking to wear his *Geen* shirt. We started working on numbers and counting. He loves to do his workbooks with Daddy before bedtime. Hopefully in a couple months he'll be more interested in potty training but for now he couldn't care less if he sits in a wet or poopy diaper. Gross, I know, but I don't want to push it. He'll sit sometimes but I don't think he's quite ready for full speed ahead.

That is about all for David updates and of course, no blog post would be complete without pictures!

What?! It wasn't me...


Just hanging out


Taking a break from his workbook to smile for the Camera


And now being silly for the camera

No comments: